How to Swaddle a Baby?
How to Swaddle a Baby:
- Lay out the blanket on a flat surface. Arrange it in a diamond shape.
- Fold down the top corner of the blanket.
- Position the baby face up on the blanket, with their neck on the fold.
- Place the baby's left arm at their side.
- Pull the left side wrap around the baby's body to the right side.
- Move the baby's right arm into position (Place the arm at their side).
- Tuck the other side of the blanket under the baby's left side.
- Close the bottom of the blanket.
Swaddling Safety Tips:
- Always place your baby on their back to sleep.
- Stop swaddling your baby once they are ready to roll over on their own.
- Avoid swaddling too tightly.
- Dress your baby lightly and use a light blanket to prevent overheating.
- Use a firm mattress in baby's crib to prevent suffocation.
- Keep loose blankets, pillows and stuffed toys out of the crib.
- Do make space for your baby's legs to bend at the knees and thrust open.
- Dont limit your baby's arm movement against their will.